My Environment – information that connects people and nature
The new My Environment service will help people find all the information they need in one place to make it easier to explore, understand, enjoy, and protect the natural environment in England.
On this page:
What is My Environment?
- The Government’s Natural Environment White Paper promised to make environmental information more easily available to help people get involved with their local environment.
- Defra has asked Natural England to deliver this service, working in partnership with the Environment Agency.
- A simple prototype signposting service has just been launched to direct people towards existing published sources of information about the natural environment. We’d like to encourage potential users and anyone with an interest in the natural environment to visit the site and contribute to its development by submitting suggestions for additional signposts. Please follow the editorial guidelines: (130kb).
Who is it for?
- For anyone who wants to improve their local environment and get closer to the natural environment.
- Professional audiences will find the information helpful too.
What are the benefits?
- Existing information sits on many websites and can be difficult to find.
- Making it easier for people to find information on the natural environment makes it easier for people to take responsibility for their local environment.
- Sharing information makes it easier for organisations and government to work together.
How you can help
Fill in our survey
We'd also like to capture your views in a simple survey. The survey should take no more than a few minutes to complete, and all responses are confidential. (Read our Data protection statement)
This survey will remain open as we continue to develop the service.
Data protection statement
Data Protection is important to us. Your personal information will be stored securely, and will only be used to develop My Environment. It will not be shared with a third party, or used for marketing purposes, and will be destroyed after use.
If you have any questions about the survey please email: MyEnvironment@NaturalEngland.org.uk